Cafeteria & Vending
At Georgetown Community Hospital, we care about you and are concerned about your health. That is why we have taken the initiative to become tobacco-free, to provide a healthier environment for everyone at our hospital. Effective November 20, 2008 – the date of the Great American Smokeout – our entire campus became tobacco-free. This includes all forms of tobacco, including pipes, cigars, cigarettes, snuff and chewing tobacco. The tobacco-free area includes the entire hospital and grounds, as well as all parking areas and office buildings on the campus. Click here to learn what you can do to kick the habit. Back to top.
Our patients' visitors are welcome guests. The companionship of loved ones can aid in a speedy recovery, however, rest and therapy are important too. For that reason we encourage friends and loved ones to limit their visits to short periods within our visiting hours. Additionally, in consideration of patients sharing rooms, we ask you limit your visitors to two at a time.
Visiting hours and rules vary for each department due to the specific needs of their patients. Please see the guidelines below for each department when planning your visit.
Medical/Surgical Unit Visiting Hours:
8 am to 9 pm
Intensive Care/Special Care Unit Visiting Hours:
Every 2 hours for 30 minutes on the even hours, from 8 am to 8 pm.
Visitation is limited to two family members at a time. Visitors must be over the age of 12, though exceptions can be made on an individual basis. When ready to visit, call the unit from the ICU waiting area by dialing 1298.
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is staffed by specially trained personnel, who provide 24-hour comprehensive nursing care and continued observation of acutely ill patients. Centralization of life-saving equipment and skilled nursing care ensure optimum care. Flowers and radios are not permitted in the unit.
Birthing Center/Women's Services Visiting Hours:
8 am to 9 pm
The mother's partner or support person may visit at any time. Children under the age of 10 are not allowed, except for the children of the patient. Birth is a time for family sharing, and families are our focus at Georgetown Community Hospital. Prospective parents are invited to attend classes that prepare them both for their newest family addition. Fathers are also encouraged to participate in the birth of their babies. Click here for a list of classes. Back to top
Back to top
- The following visitor guidelines apply throughout the hospital:
- Please observe posted visiting hours.
- Please confirm the patient room number at the information desk located in the main lobby before going to inpatient areas, or dial "0" from the patient information desk in the phone lobby.
- Please check with the nursing station before entering a patient room.
- Please do not leave children unattended at any time.
- Please comply if asked to leave the room while a patient receives care.
- Please check with the nurse before bringing a patient anything to eat or drink. Do not give patients sweets, alcohol, cigarettes or medicine.
- Do not eat the patient's meals. Staff members check to see what and how much the patient is eating in order to measure the patient’s well-being.
- Please do not visit the patient if you have a cold or any other contagious condition.
- A family member is asked to stay with all pediatric patients under the age of 12. A cot and dietary tray will be provided.
The cafeteria is located at the front of the building, just inside the main entrance. It is open for lunch from 11:30 am to 1:30 p.m. Coffee, tea (hot or iced) and water are available at no charge.
The vending area is located just outside the ER. Back to top
For your convenience an ATM is located just inside the main entrance, near the registration desk. Back to top
Our gift shop offers a wide variety of gifts, cards and flowers sure to lift anyone's spirits.Hours:
Monday - Friday 9 to 4
Saturday 10 to 2
Sunday & Holidays - Closed Phone: 502-868-1100, ext. 5656
Back to top