Ear, Nose & ThroatCall 502.868.1221
An otolaryngologist is a physician who specializes in ear, nose and throat problems.
Most people are familiar with such common issues are hearing loss, tonsillectomy, allergies and sinusitis, but the full range of problems treated by these doctors may also include:
- Dizziness (Vertigo)
- Ear Infections
- Ear Pain
- Ear Wax
- Hole in the Eardrum
- Meniere's Disease
- Noise Exposure
- Swimmers Ear
- Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears)
- TMJ (Tempero Mandibular Joint) Syndrome
- Allergies and Hay Fever
- Nose Bleeds
- Post Nasal Drip
- Sinus Surgery
- Sinusitis (Adult)
- Sinusitis in Children
- Smell and Taste
- Stuffy Nose
- Acid Reflux
- Cancer Warning Signs
- Sore Throat
- Swallowing Problems
- Thyroid Problems
- Tonsils & Adenoids
Balloon Sinuplasty Surgery
Sinusitis is one of the most common chronic health problems in the U.S., afflicting 37 million Americans each year. Patients suffer headaches, congestion, fatigue and other symptoms. This condition significantly impacts an individual's physical, functional, and emotional quality of life.
Georgetown Community Hospital now offers balloon sinuplasty, a minimally invasive surgical procedure that uses a sinus balloon catheter to gently widen the walls of the sinus cavity, providing relief from sinusitis.
What are the benefits of balloon sinuplasty?
- Safe and effective - While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, studies demonstrate this procedure is safe and effective in relieving symptoms of sinusitis
- Minimally invasive - The technology uses small, soft, flexible devices introduced entirely through the nostrils. These devices gently open blocked sinuses.
- Reduced bleeding - In many cases, no tissue or bone is removed during surgery using this technology. Because of this there may be reduced bleeding. As a result, the need for uncomfortable nasal packing also may be eliminated.
- Fast recovery time - While recovery time varies with each patient, some patients have been known to return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does not limit treatment options - The surgical technology is an endoscopic tool and may be used with other medical therapies and/or surgical techniques. It does not limit future treatment options if a patient has progressive disease.
To find a physician please call (502) 868-1221.