At Georgetown Community Hospital, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As we have seen a recent increase in COVID-19 cases, our current visitor policies have been updated as follows:
- Hours of Visitation: will be from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Inpatient: 1 Well Visitor at a time. No overnights.
- Outpatient: No Visitors unless Pediatric patient or assistance is needed for patient to navigate or move around the facility.
- Surgery: 1 Well Visitor during Surgery as long as social distancing requirements can be met
- Emergency Department: 1 Well Visitor at a time.
- Obstetrics: 2 Well Visitors.
Although there are visitor restrictions at our facility, we encourage you to stay in touch with your loved ones! Please consider using alternative methods of communication including phone calls, texts and video chats. We offer free guest Wi-Fi for our patients.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
To prevent the spread of illness, visitors who are cleared are expected to do the following:
- Must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
- Must immediately leave the hospital once leaving the patient’s room. Visitors should not wander through hallways or spend time in common areas of the hospital, including lobbies, waiting areas, and vending areas.
- Limit the number of personal items brought into the hospital.
- Must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer EVERY time entering and exiting a patient room.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.