Pulmonary RehabiliationCall 502.868.5633
We understand if you have a chronic respiratory problem, shortness of breath may be frightening, frustrating and limiting.
When your breathing has changed, your entire lifestyle and well-being may be affected. Pulmonary rehabilitation at Georgetown Community Hospital is a program for people with chronic lung conditions like COPD, emphysema, chronic bronchitis and other lung conditions. Our program utilizes exercise and education to help you take charge of your breathing.
The Goals of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- To decrease respiratory symptoms and complications
- To encourage self-management and control over daily functioning
- To improve physical conditioning and exercise performance
- To reduce the need for hospitalization and medical cost
- To improve emotional wellbeing and self-esteem
- To improve quality of life
Who can benefit from Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a service that is designed for individuals with breathing problems and lung disorders such as:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Lung Cancer and Lung Cancer Surgery
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery
- Before and After Lung Transplantation
- SARS (COVID-19)
- Black Lung
Our program is in operation on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; in order to participate you must obtain a referral from your physician.